Schaller Germany Hannes Fixed Piezo Loaded Bridge, Chrome 12020200
Genuine Schaller Hannes 6-String Fixed Bridge with Piezo, Chrome, Made in Germany
Manufacturers Part Number : 12020200
This is the piezo loaded version Schaller's premium Hannes fixed bridge. It contains many innovations -
- Each string is fed via a separate coupler unit individually adjustable in terms of intonation and height (saddle/string plate)..
- The individual couplers lie flat on the guitar surface.
- The bridge unit vibratory mass has been minimized.
- The bridge is low-maintenance and is comfortable to play.
- Works with most preamps, including the Schaller Flagship preamp system
- The Hannes Piezo is immune to mechanical wear and corrosion
- Unlike metal-based piezo systems and the widely known problems they are plagued with the Schaller Hannes Piezo bridge is constructed differently - and for good reasons.
- The piezo is installed deep into the saddle unit from underneath. Since neither string nor strumming hand gets in contact with the piezo mechanical wear and tear is never going to be an issue.
- Each individual piezo it is hermetically sealed in its slot. Since sweat and moisture will never get in touch with the piezo crystal the system withstands the common threats of moisture i.e. corrosion and short circuits.
This new high-tech guitar bridge was developed over a number of years by Roland Hannes, a French inventor now living in California. Thanks to a partnership formed together with the world’s most renowned hardware manufacturer, Schaller GmbH
(more detail later on if you're interested!)
The Hannes is a splendid fusion of innovation and tone with superb German quality. It's by far the most comfortable bridge on the market to play; it has touch-friendly material and smooth surfaces with no edges to snag your fingers.
Tonally, the Hannes has the perfect blend of acoustic properties from all current bridge designs; with detailed highs, fast attack and a well-defined, powerful and harmonic sound.
The Schaller Hannes® bridge can be fitted to any guitar, provided that the body is flat at the point where the bridge is to be placed.
The saddles for the Hannes were developed in close collaboration with Graph Tech. They are made of a special compound material containing Teflon, which is a highly effective lubricant (one of the most effective in the world), and it dramatically reduces saddle-related string breakage since no sharp edges can form on the saddles due to wear. This patented saddle material measurably increases the instrument's sustain by up to 25% compared to brass and steel.
On the Hannes, the saddles have a large surface area resting on the guitar's body, and are separated from one another by the bridge's construction. This physical difference in the saddle, compared to all other available saddles on the market manifests itself in a significant increase in dynamic response that can be heard and felt.
- String spacing E-e 54mm,
- String spacing individual 10,8mm,
- String radius 0“,
- Minimal G/d string height above body 10,3mm,
- Maximum string gauge 98,
- Weight 156g with accessories
- 1 Bridge
- 1 string mounting bar,
- 2 wood screws LK 2.2x9.5,
- 2 mounting screws SK M5x50,
- 2 screw sockets (13.0 mm),
- 3 Allen keys (2.0/2.5/3.0 mm)
- Piezo cable length of 200mm
- Multi-connector with a cable-length of 150mm
Also available with regular rather than piezo saddles and in 7 and 8 string formats. Available in all Schaller finishes (Nickel, Chrome, Satin Chrome, Black Chrome, Gold, Ruthenium, Satin Pearl and Vintage Copper)
Click here to download the installation instructions
Click here to download the installation template