Soldano SLO Super Lead Overdrive Guitar Effects
The SLO-100 is famous for being one of the most detailed-sounding high-gain guitar amplifiers of all time. Until now, it’s been challenging to capture the amp’s nuanced character in a pedal format. The new Super Lead Overdrive pedal changes that, with the perfect balance of gain, sustain, and touch response the SLO is known for.
In 1987, Mike Soldano created the now legendary Super Lead Overdrive 100-watt tube head. The SLO set the standard for modern high-gain amplification and nearly four decades later, is still one of the most coveted amps in history.
The SLO’s drive channel found it backing up renowned rock guitarists like Mick Mars (Motley Crue), Warren de Martini (Ratt), and Howard Leese (Heart), while the bluesy crunch channel made the SLO the first choice for non-metal stalwarts, such as Mark Knopfler, Eric Clapton, Warren Haynes, Gary Moore and Lou Reed, to name a few.
- Volume: Controls the total output volume
- Presence: Filters the output’s high end
- Gain: Adjusts the total amount of gain that is applied, turning this control clockwise will increase the amount
- EQ Section: Classic Soldano three band EQ; adjusting each clockwise will increase the output of the relative frequency ranges
- Deep: Adjusts the overall output low-end punch