Wampler GearBox Andy Wood Signature Guitar Effects Pedal
Wampler Gearbox – Andy Wood Signature Pedal
Andy Wood is recognized as one of this generation’s most influential guitarists. He spent most of his childhood playing and competing in festivals and touring the bluegrass circuit with his cousin and grandfather. This lit Andy’s creative fire and by the age of 22, he demonstrated his outstanding electric guitar skills being crowned champion of Guitar Center’s “Guitarmageddon” competition. Andy has toured professionally with a wide range of acts including Rascal Flatts, Gary Allan, Locash, Scott Stapp, and Sebastian Bach. Andy Wood has definitively blurred the lines of preconceived genres with his most recent album, “Junktown”, a masterpiece of different guitar styles and progressive southern inspired fusion. Junktown was recorded with a prototype of what is now the Wampler Gearbox Andy Wood Signature pedal.
Gearbox features modified versions of two of Brian Wampler’s best loved drive circuits: the Tumnus and the Pinnacle. This combination makes the Gearbox one of the most versatile dual pedals Wampler has ever created. A top-switchable stacking order control, dual inputs and outputs, a unique noise gate, premium quality components, along with a stunning finish, makes Gearbox THE single pedal solution that delivers.
Channel 1 (based on the legendary Tumnus) is a perfect addition to any board setup and any playing style. It’s versatility allows you to stack it with another pedal to help push or shape the total amount of gain, use it as a stand-alone overdrive, or as a slightly dirty boost, to push the front end of your amp over the edge.
Channel 2 (Based on the Pinnacle, one of Brian’s most popular distortion pedals) delivers that legendary “Brown Sound”. The three band EQ lets you dial in your soaring lead tone while the unique noise gate keeps the clarity on point. Stack both channels together for tonal bliss - warm, yet brutal grunt; delicate and controllable harmonic overtones; and beautifully defined distortion that cuts through the mix.
The Order switch lets you select which pedal comes first in the signal chain. For ultimate control, connect both sets of inputs and outputs to an external switcher to mix or match in parallel or series. Andy named this pedal the Gearbox as it was designed to be the driving force behind your sound.
- Built in the U.S.A. with high-grade components selected for superior sound and response, premium finish and controls.
- Dual Independent drives based on two of Brian Wampler’s Classic Circuits - a Tweaked Tumnus on Channel 1 and a modified Pinnacle on Channel 2.
- Independent Volume and Gain controls for both channels, Tone Control for channel 1, Bass, Middle, Treble and Noise Gate controls on Channel 2.
- Channel Order switch with two pairs of Input and Output jacks
- Power draw: 52mA at 9v
- 9v power jack - DC supply only, do not exceed 9v DC, battery Included
- Includes Limited 5-Year Warranty
- Dimensions: 5” x 4.5” x 1.5″ (88.9mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm) - height excludes knobs and switches